Friday, April 17, 2009

May Madness - My Picks

Here are my endorsements:

Place 1: (write-in candidate) Bill Denton....he's a kook, but hey, Viva la Revolucion!

Place 2: Jimmy Schnurr - Qualified, Experienced and super funny (not that it's important, but he is.)

Place 3: CHRIS DAVIS....they named a song after her ya know, it's called 'Chris Davis Eyes,' ask Sheryl Miller about it, I believe she was a co-writer on it.
http://electchrisdavis.com/

Place 4: I'm gonna go with Bache-Wiig on this one (what can I say, I dig 'em), but Wardrup is good too, just not Slagel.
http://www.votetombache-wiig.com/ or http://votefordianewardrup.com/

Place 5: Pris Hayes, the only democrat I will EVER vote for (: She's very 'green' - Not like green-new, like green-tree hugger.
http://www.electprishayes.com/

Place 6: Mayor Steve Mitchell, of course, not only because he looks like a super hero but also because he's running unopposed.
http://electstevemitchell.com/

Place 7: Oh, place 7, how you torment me. Ok, so I know what I should do - I should vote for Dennis Stewart, he's a retired police officer and a really good guy, but his tactics lately have bothered me. He's had poor campaign advice and I feel he's been over zealous and also used bad judgement to play off some voters inherent anxieties over electing a Muslim. That being said, YOU should vote for Stewart, but I think I'm going with Omar on this one.
FOR YOU: http://www.vote4dennis.com/index.html
FOR ME: http://www.omarforrichardson.com/

I'd love to hear some other people's picks so please SHARE!

9 comments:

  1. We agree on that frustrating Place 7, where we both have reservations about both candidates. Dennis Stewart is running an ill-advised negative campaign and Amir Omar is pandering to senior citizens. This is one race where I wish there were a third option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta go with Wardrup in place 4. Voting for Bache-Wiig will just split the vote & cause a runoff b/n Slagel & Wardrup. I like B-W but he just doesn't stand a chance. Nice guy though. If you want Slagel off then you gotta go with Wardup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see what you're saying Grammie, but truth be told, Tom had me at Baruch HaShem. Nothing beats a Messianic Jews. They're the Royal Flush of Christianity if ya ask me....if I could just stop voting with my darn spiritual convictions and start voting with strategy in mind...well, I guess I'd be a democrat. ha!

    Diane is a great lady as well though, lacking nothing when it comes to substance OR convictions! She actually has a coffee coming up on the 24th if you want to learn more about her, e-mail me and I'll give you the info.

    And Tom has an coffee/fundraiser also coming up this Sunday the 19th from 2:30-3:30 at 1001 Blue Ridge Place hosted by the Tackett Family if you'd like to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stewart has simply asked some questions. As a homeowner for 30+ years I would hope that any member of the Council would also be a homeowner not a renter. Also, being a resident for more than 1 year does not seem like too much to ask.
    I have more questions:
    How many grocery stores are in the city limits of Richardson? Where is downtown Richardson? I can drive to downtown Plano, McKinney, Garland, Carrollton, Cedar Hill but we have none. Although the Council helped to get us through the 2000 tech meltdown, why were we so heavily concentrated in telecom in the first place? to the exclusion of good restaurants and retail? Again, I have to drive to neighboring towns to shop. And why are we just now discussing a code of ethics? How does the Richardson version of the HOV look about now?
    There are lots of questions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy,

    Funny that you mention place 7, I'll actually be posting about that later tonight. I think the issues you mentioned are very valid and had Stewart also stuck to THOSE issues,he might still have my vote.

    Great questions for the incumbents by the way. Have you been submitting them at the forums?

    As for downtown Richardson, isn't that where I go to smoke Hookahs?

    I kid, I kid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have lived in Richardson for 15 years, and before that nearby in Dallas. I know several of the candidates, and like them all personally. However, on this blog, and on other sites, there seems to be a negative view of Mr. Slagel. Where can I find out more about the reasons for this, so I can be a little better informed on election day? Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steve, you've got mail, e-mail me (conserveandprotect@gmail), and I'll pass it along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with most of your picks.
    My choice for Place 7: Dennis Stewart because, in the words of the Coalition (mistakenly applied to Mr Schnurr), I believe Amir Omar "... should gain experience by serving on a volunteer City Board like Parks or Zoning before running for Council."

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://conserveandprotect.blogspot.com/2009/04/waste-not.html

    ReplyDelete