Monday, July 6, 2009

Hot Pics

...of the hot mess that is my alley:




My neighbor has contacted the city, but so far nothing has been done, so I was asked to send an e-mail...

Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 09:51:23 -0500
Subject: Could any of y'all help me with this?
From: destiny
To: amiromar; stevemitchell; johnmurphy


Attached are some pictures of my alley. (Between Wildwood Ln. and Parkhaven Dr.)

The huge pothole is actually right at the bottom of my backdoor neighbor's driveway. We back into it all the time and I know it can't be good for our cars. My neighbor's an older woman who said she's called the city before, but when we pressed her to bring it to you guys she said y'all probably wouldn't listen to her. I know that's not true, and I know it would make her so happy if you could get it fixed.

Anyway, let me know if there is someone else I should contact.

Thanks!
D.

So how did our council measure up?


In the Heavy Weight Blackberry Owner Division, at 27 minutes, our winner is...

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 10:18 AM, amiromar wrote:

Sent it on to Keffler. Will keep you posted.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

From: bill.keffler@cor.gov
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 10:23:22 -0500
To: amiromar
Subject: Re: Could any of y'all help me with this?

Amir:

We'll check this out and get back to you, Steve and John as to our assessment.

Thanks for passing on.

Bill
Sent from my wireless handheld


And as for the council member out of these three who does not use any performance enhancing devices, i.e. the Non-Blackberry Division, we have Steve Mitchell coming in at a respectable 1 hr., 5 minutes & 37 seconds:

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Steve Mitchell wrote:

Destiny - thank you for making me aware of this issue. I have forwarded this on to city staff for them to review and address. My apologies that this issue hasn't been addressed sooner.

Always feel free to forward any issue on to me, as I would be glad to get it taken care of. For this type of issue, you can also report them to either Neighborhood Services (972-744-4166) or Public Works. Both departments would be glad to assist you as well.

Best regards,
Steve

And finally, a last minute entry from the Murph:

johnamurphy to bill.keffler, Cliff.Miller, me, Amir, Mitchell
show details 4:37 PM (33 minutes ago)

Destiny,

The alley issue behind your house is not just a patch- it- and be- done- with-it kind of problem. The whole section that runs from the edge of your drive to the edge of your next door neighbor's drive to the east has failed. They will probably have to replace the whole section because there is nothing solid left in there to attached a patch to.

Your neighbor to the south gets the worst of it since they have to back out directly over the worst part, but anyone driving down the alley has to deal with the sharp ridge that can't be good for tires.

To fix this right, which I know they will, they will probably have to close the alley to traffic for the duration of the repairs. Your neighbor to the south (directly behind your house) will have to park out front for awhile.

The last issue with your alley occurred about 18 years ago when we had to rebuild the curve at the end to stop flooding the house that fronts on Shadywood. Water drained down your alley, into his garage and into his house through the garage door anytime it rained.

As I remember, the repairs went from the bottom near the curve back up the hill to this now failed section behind your house. That's why the alley to the east of you is in so much better shape.

We'll be in touch. Thanks for letting us know.

John

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

I have to say, our council is very efficient, especially considering this is not even really their job. I'll let you all vote on who gave the better response. Amir was quick and has already gotten the ball rolling with Keffler. Mitch was able to give me some good information on who else I could contact aside from just the council, and Murph evidently goes waaaaaaay back with my alley.

Thanks for the timely responses guys and the history lesson Murph!

No comments:

Post a Comment