Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What a Fabulous City We Live In!

Subject: Re: Could any of y'all help me with this?
Steve/John/Amir:

I just wanted to close on this matter for the day. Jerry Ortega met with Mr. and Mrs. _______ at their home and viewed the alley problem with them. Jerry's Street crews will be prepping for the concrete repairs tomorrow or Wednesday, with completion scheduled by the end of Friday, and it is scheduled to be completed by the end of the week. If you have any questions on this follow-up, just let me know.

Thanks - Bill
Bill Keffler/CH/Cor

3 comments:

  1. I am surprised and pleased to see the quick action. Keep us posted with pics of the repair.


    Related: I've been riding my bike all over the Highland Terrace the last month or so (late night, as it's seriously hot out there).

    It has come to my aging body's attention that there are areas where the roads are in seriously ratty shape. I am sure it's just a coincidence, but all the crummy roads I ride are on streets with modest (usually 40s) frame houses. Maybe they're just older roads. I wouldn't like to think it was anything more sinister like folks in "better" houses getting more timely road maintenance.

    I've been idly thinking about cataloging the ratty street surfaces and submitting them to the city. Your post encourages me to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try a ride down Dublin sometime, bring your 4x4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, fast work. Could you send them photos of the pitiful state of Dumont (esepecially over close to 75)? Maybe then we'd finally get some action on that street.

    Sherri

    ReplyDelete