Thursday, April 1, 2010

Turns out T3 might actually suck pretty hard....

So I can't get ahold of Amir to confirm whether or not this is true, but someone just tipped me off to some very unsettling news about Tree The Town.

Evidentially, one of the ways T3 plans on reaching it's 50,000 tree quota is by having individuals register trees which they will be planting on their own property.

Ok, that part's fine, but then get this....someone said Amir is going around encouraging all of the West Richardson participants to plant COTTONWOOD trees as a way to really trademark the neighborhoods around Cottonwood Park, a.k.a. MY neighborhood, a.k.a. my worst freaking sinus headache nightmare!

I mean, this has got to be a joke, right? Please, someone tell me this is a joke!

Go here to sign the online petition which I will present to Amir and David Morgan at the next council meeting if this rumor ends up being true.

To the best of my knowledge there is only one Cottonwood tree over off of Dumont right now, and every year when it starts bombing my neighborhood with it's little demonic allergen puffs I immediately turn into this guy (@ 1:15)....

6 comments:

  1. I'm telling you D, it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The City of Richardson has an online tree inventory that shows only seven cottonwood trees out of more than 4000 in the database. There's probably a good reason why the city hasn't planted more cottonwoods, reasons that I doubt are going to change just because of the Tree the Town project. I doubt Amir Omar cares to offend residents concerning what trees are planted. Maybe the news isn't true. Maybe he just needs to be told why cottonwoods are not popular. In any case, give him a chance to respond.

    P.S. Welcome back. You've been missed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww Mark, look at you being so nice to me after I just totally April Fool's-ed yo butt!!!!

    ;)


    D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwwww! I almost tweeted this morning, "Don't believe anything you read today."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome prank, I got pranked at least 5 times tonight by my 11 YO, he's getting good. I bought into yours too, maybe I'm getting weak.

    ~D

    ReplyDelete