Thursday, September 16, 2010

Oh City Council Meetings, how I have missed thee.....

I forgot how much I enjoyed attending council meetings and tweeting fun of people, and Monday was no exception. 


Tweets & Highlights:


"Andrew Laska began by addressing to council on his concerns over brick houses. He ain't holding nothing back.#RichardsonCityCouncil"


...A lot of hay was {rightfully} made over who would be the "gatekeeper" of the Richardson Code of Ethics... The term was thrown around so frequently I started to feel like I was living in a J.K. Rowlings book.  


Shelley McCall withdrew her membership to the A-Team. She scolded Amir for "tweeting & texting" during meetings. I thought this was awesome.  Especially since my main goal during most council meetings is to tweet something so hilariously inapprop that Omar or Murph will visibly shake with laughter and embarrass themselves. That's a really stand up reason to be involved in local politics, right?


Let's see, after that, a discussion regarding a code of conduct vs. a code of ethics was brought up at which point Solomon (our most dapper councilman) flippantly  brought up a dress code. Which of course I had to comment on...


"You heard it here first- Mark Solomon agrees we need a dress code! First rule of business: no seersucker! Second?#RichardsonCityCouncil"


Then we went back to the use of "cellular devices" during meetings, this time with Macy bringing it up. At which point I figured...


"No cell phones? Might as well just make hair a requirement. :)#RichardsonCityCouncil"


But then Macy goes on to request that all pagers and beepers (which I guess perhaps in his time were two different things, I was 4 when they quit making them so I'm not sure) also be banned during council meetings. 


And you know what Richardson, I think he got his wish.  Don't say the Mace never did anything for this city.  After his reign in Place 5, I think it is safe to say all beeper, pagers, buzzers, and clickers were successfully eradicated from the council chambers. Good on you, Bob.


Ummm, what else? Oh yeah, I think I figured out who Maggie May is, based on wardrobe alone...
This is that Thatcher guy, right?

1 comment: